|*Note: Provide the size of the opening you want protected. We will make whatever allowances are necessary to determine the size of the actual shutter.
• If you have a large or unusual coverage requirement, we, most likely, can accomodate your needs. Please call 1-877-299-1955. This program is intended to satisfy common opening sizes.
Characteristics of Colonial Shutters
Colonial shutters are a great functional product that works for you full time
by providing protection from sun and rain and giving you privacy while looking great all
at the same time.
- Extremely popular as storm protection and adds to the charm of your home.
- Architecturally pleasing
- Can be installed on any existing home
- Easy operation from outside the home.
- Provides added security
- Versatile protection that adds to the look of your home
- Arches, angles and cured tops available
- Covers openings up to 16 ft. wide and 15 ft. high
- Special sizes available upon request
- Unlimited custom colors
- Medium sound control
- Improved insulation from heat and cold.
Colonial style shutters have been used for years. They are
installed on hinges at the side of openings and can be folded over the opening or stored to the side of each opening. The dimensions we need are the width of the opening and the height of the opening. Standard allowances will be made by us.
- Measure opening width "inside opening"
- Measure opening height " inside opening"
With Sill Projection:
- *Measure Sill Projection
*Include that measurement for build out.
Tools required: Hammer Drill,5/16 Drill Bits,5/16 Driver,Hammer and # 3 screw driver.
- Lay Colonial face down on sawhorse.
- Put hinges on with 6 1/2" stainless steel bolts.
- Mount lock bars on back of shutter and middlelock plate.
- Locate center mark on window.
- Hold Colonial at center of window and bolt hinges to wall. Install angle lock clips
- Mount tie back clips to shutter
- Remove storm bars and middle lock plate and angle lock clips.
- Open shutter and mark wall and shutter where hold back clips and bullets will be mounted.
- Install tie back bullets.
- Open shutter and lock back to wall.